Portlandia Foods One Pot Chili Mac
One of the best things about chili is that you don't have to have ANY cooking skills to create a really delicious and satisfying meal. Not to mention that there are usually always leftovers, which can be frozen for later or eaten the next day (it's even better on day two!).
The other great thing about chili is that you can play around with ingredient quantities to your taste, and even throw in whatever veggies you happen to have in your fridge (think eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, etc). There is no real science to it, and so everyone's special chili recipe is always going to be a little bit different.
This is a tried and true recipe in our test kitchen, because it includes THREE of our incredible condiments, all mixed into one chili pot. We hope you enjoy!
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 can medium chili
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 box pasta
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt + black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Portland Organic Mustard
- 1/2 cup Portland Organic Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Portland Organic BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup cheese of choice
To Make the Chili
- Dice your onion and garlic and sauté. When cooked, scape into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan as the onion mix, brown the hamburger, add mustard.
- Put your onion and garlic mix, plus the hamburger and the other remaining ingredients (including the pasta and stock) into a large stockpot or crockpot. Simmer, stir occasionally until pasta is cooked.
- Serve with a side of our Mustard Biscuits. Enjoy!