Roasted Winter Root Veggies Side Dish
If you’re in search of a super simple and easy side dish for your holiday table (or even your Wednesday night dinner), this is it!
A big tray of roasted root veggies is great all on its own, and can also be adapted for so much more.
Throw them in a bowl of pasta with parmesan and garlic butter for an easy vegetarian dish or turn them into a hash the next morning with eggs on top! The possibilities are endless. We love having a batch of this roasted and ready in our fridge at all times.
Ingredients:These ingredients are all just suggestions! Be creative, use your favorite root vegetables and change these out to your taste. We like:
- Beets (Red or gold or a combination is great!)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Celery Root
- Coconut Oil
- Rosemary, Sage, and Thyme
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Chop all the ingredients into pieces around 1/4-1/2 inches in depth. Be creative with the shapes and sizes, but make sure the slower cooking vegetables (like parsnips and potatoes) are thinner than the faster cooking ones. This will ensure that everything cooks out evenly.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and whatever herb you like best. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 30-45 minutes (depending on how crispy you like your root-fries.)
- Bonus step: Pull out of the oven and sprinkle about a 1 tsp of Portland Organic Worcestershire or maple syrup. Turn your oven to broil and toast the top for an additional minute or two.
Additional topping ideas:
Serve and enjoy!