Perfect Vegan Bloody Mary
If you have been lucky enough to spend time in New Orleans, you know that they have a major passion for this savory breakfast libation. Every bar, restaurant and pub in the city has their own version, and much like a family Red or Mole Sauce, no two recipes are exactly the same.
After painstakingly tasting multiple recipes (such a sacrifice! #justkidding), we have come up with what we feel is pretty great representation of a classic Bloody Mary and we hope you enjoy!
We discovered an ingredient that is completely optional but highly recommended: topping your bloody with a splash of light lager. It lends an effervescence to the drink that we love.
Note: Ingredients are for one drink. Double as needed!
- 1 Shot Vodka 3 oz Bloody Mary Mix
- ½ oz Portlandia Foods Vegan Worcestershire sauce or our Spicy Worcestershire
- ½ a lemon, juiced
- ¼ tsp Horseradish
- A splash of your favorite hot sauce
- For non-vegans: ¼ oz Demitris Bloody Mary Seasoning
- A few good shakes of the following seasonings: Cajun seasoning, onion salt, celery, salt
- Optional: 6 oz light lager (Corona premier is a good one)
Combine all the ingredient (except the beer) over ice and stir vigorously. If you wish, top with the beer and your garnishes of choice. Santé!
Recipe Credit: Molly Boudreaux