Portlandia Foods Instant Pot Ribs
The painstaking process of slowly smoking a rack of ribs can yield great results but let’s be honest…we don’t always have time for that! Plus not everyone has a smoker. This Instant Pot alternative very well may be the easiest ribs you will ever make.
It’s easy to forget that we have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker in our culinary arsenal, but we promise its worth pulling it out for these ribs. It all comes together in a matter of an hour or so, and you will be amazed with the results. The best part is you have that yummy summer BBQ tatse without leaving the comfort of your own house. Its dreary out right now so stay warm!
- 1 full Rack of ribs (We prefer St Louis style for its succulent and juicy quality)
- BBQ rub blend of choice
- ½ Cup Portland Organic BBQ Sauce
For the Braising Liquid:
- 2 TB Portland Organic Worcestershire Sauce or Spicy Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Cup white or rose wine
- 2 TB Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 3 cloves Garlic finely minced
- ½ tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- Cut ribs into two ribs sections, approximately 6 pieces in total.
- In a bowl sprinkle and rub BBQ rub blend thoroughly on all sides. Allow allow to rest in the fridge for at least one hour.
- While ribs are resting, combine braising liquid in your instant pot and bring to a simmer. Turn off heat.
- Place ribs in Instant pot laying on their side so all the ribs have a portion resting in the braising liquid. Pressure cook on high setting for 45 minutes with a quick release.
- Turn on your oven broiler to medium and position oven rack in the second from the top slot. Remove ribs to a cookie sheet. Skim any excess fat off the surface of the braising liquid. Turn on the sauté function in the instant pot and allow sauce to reduce. When reduced by half, stir in the BBQ sauce and remove from heat.
- Baste ribs and all sides and broil watching carefully. After golden brown flip and continue basting with braising BBQ sauce until desired gooeyness. Serve hot with your favorite sides!
Recipe Credit: Molly Boudreaux