Portlandia Guacamole with Worcestershire Sauce
To celebrate National Guacamole Day on September 16th (as though we needed another reason to love the arrival of fall), we put together a tasty guac recipe for you, which features a special ingredient: our Portland Organic Worcestershire Sauce. Always a crowd pleaser!
This recipe combines that creamy avocado with the umami quality of the Worcestershire, marrying perfectly with the added spices and veggies. It's easy to make and the colors look so festive on a fall table.
Avocado = A Tasty Superfood
Rich in nutrients including folate, magnesium, potassium and vitamin C, avocado also helps your body better absorb fat-soluble nutrients like vitamins A, D, E, and K.
That means you can enjoy your avocado in a multitude of ways, and know that you are making your body happy. Smashed on toast, popped on top of a salad or enjoyed as a tasty dip - whatever fills your bucket!
This recipe a fitting ode to the versatility of the avocado, and to the traditional Mexican cuisine loved and treasured worldwide!
- 2 Avocados, peeled
- 1 small Roma tomato
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/8 salt (or just a pinch)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Portland Organic Worcestershire (Original or Spicy!)
- 3 (or more) drops of hot sauce, adjust to your liking
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1-2 limes)
- Prep all of your ingredients and mix together in a serving bowl
- Depending on how you feel about sharing, either serve with tortilla chips...or hide in the closet and keep it all for yourself!