Ball Park Polenta Fries with Garlic Parmesan Topping
What is better than crispy, golden french fries?! Not much.
But recently, a couple of dear friends have discovered a sensitivity to potatoes. Fellow fry connoisseurs around the globe, we know you can feel their pain!
Though potato fries can't be replaced in our hearts, we have been playing around with some recipes in the PDX Foods Test Kitchen, and this one does a pretty fair imitation of a really tasty fry. Add our Portland Organic Ketchup, and you have a solid experience that satisfies the craving and stands out independently as being a pretty darn good recipe.
Not only do these polenta fries become crispy in the oven, the garlic parmesan topping lends a delightful sharpness to the experience. We hope you enjoy them!
Serving size: 4
- One round of packaged polenta
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic (chopped fine or from a jar)
- Parmesan to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Portland Organic Ketchup for dipping!
- Open your polenta package and cut into small strips that resemble shoe string fries.
- Taking care not to crumble the form, coat your "fries" in the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 425° for 20 min or until lightly browned.
- For the topping: Mix 1 tbsp of minced garlic (garlic from a jar is easiest) with parmesan and parsley to your liking. Drizzle over the top of your polenta fries and enjoy with our Portland Ketchup!